What Influences the Market Price of a Business?
Profit is generally the main direct impact on market value of any business. However, some non-financial factors play an import role in both the sale price of the business and also the attractiveness of the business to a potential buyer. Such factors may include:
- Great businesses have a history of profit growth, year in year out
- Strong growth prospects which are clearly documented on where, when and how the business will achieve these
- How well documented the business procedures and systems are
- The strength of the business brandname(s)
- Whether or not the business has barriers to entry for competitors
- Ability for the business to be managed (or is it dependent on the owner?)
- Does the business have a competitive advantage?
One Business Brokers can assist you when thinking of buying or selling your business. Contact us today for a free market appraisal of your business.